Are you up to the Challenge?
Battle of the Bells 2017
For the 7th consecutive year, The Salvation Army – Fox Cities has challenged area high school students to register for the most hours of bell ringing. This friendly competition, called “Battle of the Bells”, will run from Nov. 10th to Dec. 23rd, 2017. At the end of the season, the school with the most hours of bell ringing will receive the engraved Bell Trophy (and bragging rights) to keep until next year. Results will be announced on or before January 19, 2018. Download Official 2017 Battle of the Bells Poster here.
Kaukauna High School holds the Bell Trophy and title of “Battle of the Bells” champion for the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 seasons! Appleton High School East in 2015 and 2016 was the top Social Media points champ. Thanks to all for helping local families in need.
Again this year you can extend this competition to external groups (local small businesses and groups) to help ring on behalf of your high school. Included again this year is the Social Media "extra bonus" points addition. With each social media post by you (FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube) your school "scores" extra credit. You must use mention your school name along with the hash tags #BattleOfTheBells and #RedKettleReason to qualify.
- The Salvation Army bell office (955-1225) will track and record each schools number of total hours of bell rinigng that you have registered for. Call if you have questions. M-F from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Each (one from each) school representative will record your extra social media points using the honor system. One point each for posts on FaceBook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter. Schools media posts will be audited by Salvation Army representatives.
- Your school name must be included in each social media post along with two (both) hash tags: #BattleOfTheBells and #RedKettleReason.
- Submitt your final tabulation of all Social Media points on or before January 12, 2018 to be included into the Battle of the Bells total overall points to: BattleoftheBellsSA@gmail.com
- Again each school must have one representative reporting social media points to BattleoftheBellsSA@gmail.com every two weeks per your emailed instructions.
- Email updates will be sent out from the Battle of the Bells team to participating schools.
- Follow the instructions provided by the Battle of the Bells Team e-mails. Any questions on the contest criteria or rules please direct them to: BattleoftheBellsSA@gmail.com
“Battle of the Bells” is underway....help in getting the word out to students at your school. Register here ~ High School Battle of the Bells ~ Challenge
BE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR SCHOOL's NAME!
We greatly appreciate the support of all of the students that participated as the funds raised through bell ringing are used locally to support our programs and services. We are able to provide year-round services such as a daily meal program, food pantry, transitional housing, and rent/utility assistance because of the support we receive from the Red Kettle Campaign. We are also able to provide toys, food, and gifts to families in need at Christmas.
Students are also encouraged to follow us and tag us on Twitter @FoxCitiesSA and Instagram @FoxCitiesSA and “like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FoxCitiesSalvationArmy.
Please feel free to share this information with school staff, other students, and your parents. Thank you in advance for your time and support! Please feel free to contact our Bell Office at (920) 955-1225 if you have any questions. Decison by the the judges is final. Must be 16 years of age or older to ring without an adult to accompany you. Date of birth required at sign up. If under 16 years of age the adults birth date can be used when signing up. Direct your questions to: BattleoftheBellsSA@gmail.com